Last updated: May 24, 2021
SoVA Vinyl Pros is committed to protecting your Personal Information. We DO NOT rent, sell, or trade your Personal Information.
Scope of Policy (Please Read Carefully)
How SoVA Vinyl Pros uses Personal Information
We use Personal Information to facilitate the business relationships we have with our Users, to comply with our financial regulatory and other legal obligations, and to pursue our legitimate interests where these are not overridden by the interests, rights, or freedoms of Users. We also use Personal Information to complete payment transactions. We only collect and process your Personal Information to the extent it is necessary to fulfill these purposes and where we can rely on a legal basis for such.
We use Personal Information we collect to provide products and/or services to you, keep our websites running smoothly, and protect us legally. We will not use or share your Personal Information in ways unrelated to those described below and will not sell your Personal Information for any purpose.
- SoVA Vinyl Pros will only share and disclose Personal Information in accordance with a customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in our other agreements with you, and in compliance with applicable law and legal process.
- Owners, administrators and other Customer representatives and personnel, as defined in the Customer Agreement, may be able to access, modify or restrict access to Personal Information.
- We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified Personal Information for any purpose. For example, we may share aggregated or de-identified information with prospects or partners for business or research purposes, such as showing a total count of active users accessing our products.
- If we receive a request for information, we may disclose Personal Information if we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation, or legal process.
- To protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of SoVA Vinyl Pros or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
- SoVA Vinyl Pros may share Personal Information with third parties when we have consent to do so.
How long does SoVA Vinyl Pros keep your data?
SoVA Vinyl Pros only processes and keeps Personal Information for as long as necessary to achieve the purpose for which the information was collected. The length of time we keep Personal Information in SoVA Vinyl Pros control depends on our processing purposes and applicable statutory retention period for that type of information. After the statutory period-of-time passes, or if storage of Personal Information is not needed, Personal Information is deleted or anonymized.
SoVA Vinyl Pros takes appropriate administrative, physical, and organizational security measures to protect your Personal Information from theft, misuse, loss, and unauthorized access. We follow generally accepted practices in the industry to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and after receipt, considering the nature of the information and the risks involved in processing, and comply with applicable laws, rules, and regulations. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the Personal Information you provide to us, please be aware that despite SoVA Vinyl Pros best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore, we cannot guarantee complete security if you provide Personal Information via our Websites.
NOTICE TO ALL NON-U.S. RESIDENTS
The servers for SoVA Vinyl Pros are located in the U.S. If you are located outside of the U.S., please be aware that any information provided to us, including Personal Information, will be transferred from your country of origin to the U.S. SoVA Vinyl Pros transfers and processes data, including the data transfers under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield, the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield, and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) is a new data privacy law that applies to certain businesses which collect Personal Information from California residents. The law became effective on January 1, 2020. SoVA Vinyl Pros already offers data protection terms pursuant to the GDPR in Europe. We are now also offering the same terms under the CCPA. Your rights under the CCPA are described below. Please note that SoVA Vinyl Pros does not rent or sell any Personal Information.
In addition, California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, (1) information about categories of Personal Information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes, and, (2) the names and addresses of the third parties with which we shared Personal Information in the preceding calendar year. If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with our websites, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on our websites. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on our websites, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems. If you are a California resident and would like to make a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
SoVA Vinyl Pros recognizes, under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield, the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield, CCPA, and GDPR, that you have certain rights regarding your Personal Information. We feel that your privacy and ability to preserve and exercise your rights is very important. You are encouraged to review and understand these rights as they pertain to you and your Personal Information. In certain circumstances, these rights include, but are not limited to:
- Right to be Informed: This means we must tell you why we process your Personal Information, our retention periods, and who it will be shared with.
- Right of Access: This means we must provide you with a copy of your Personal Information we process upon your request.
- Right to Rectification: This allows you to have inaccurate Personal Information rectified or completed if it is incomplete.
- Right to Erasure: This allows you to have your Personal Information erased.
- Right to Restrict Processing: This means you can limit the way we use their data.
- Right to Data Portability: This allows you to receive a copy of your Personal Information in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and gives you the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance.
- Right to Object: This allows you to object to the processing of your Personal Information at any time.
- Right to Non-Discrimination: The CCPA prohibits covered businesses from discriminating against consumers for exercising their CCPA rights. This means we cannot charge a different price, deny access to our products, or impose penalties for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
- Right to Withdraw Consent: This means you can withdraw your consent at any time.
In support of these rights, you may exercise any of the above rights, with respect to your Personal Information. You may update, correct, or delete your Personal Information; if you wish to delete or suspend your account, please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. If you have become aware that an account has been created about you without your knowledge or consent, you may contact us to request deletion of that said account.